The Tula Explore is Tula’s latest baby carrier design which just landed in Australia. It provides a new feature never before seen by the Tula brand – it enables your baby to forward face.
If you’re new to baby carriers, you may not be aware that there are a lot of uncomfortable forward facing carriers out there. Previously, forward facing carriers would create a lot of strain on your shoulders and were not optimal for your baby’s hip development.
In recent years, we’ve seen a couple of brands come along that have provided a more ergonomic option for your baby and have a nice sturdy waistbelt that distributes more of the weight across your hips.
Forward facing will never be as comfortable as having your baby facing in, but for those of you who would absolutely love this as a feature Tula have created a comfortable option
Lets take a closer look at the features of the Tula Explore.
Three Carrying Positions
- You can carry your baby front facing out, facing in, and in a back carry (depending on the stage of their development)
- Each carrying position provides an ergonomic position to allow for comfortable carrying and supporting healthy hip and spine development for your baby.
- Front facing out position: Before this position, your baby should have head and neck control and be tall enough for their chin to clear the top of the carrier panel. Tula recommend that the facing out position be used with babies in the 5.9kg to 10kg (13 lb-22 lb) weight range for short intervals. The facing out position should not be used when baby is sleeping.
Easy to adjust
- The Tula Explore Baby Carrier adjusts in three width settings to use as baby grows from newborn to early toddlerhood.
- The carrier does not require an infant insert and can be used with baby facing you beginning at 3.2 kg (7 lb).
Padded, adjustable neck support pillow
- The neck support pillow can be used in multiple positions to provide head and neck support for newborns and sleeping babies
Breathable & lightweight cotton
- Responsibly designed and made with care from soft and breathable 100% cotton that’s easy to clean and machine washable.
Waistband pocket and removable hood
- Pocket on the waistband to store necessities.
- Coordinating removable hood with snaps to support baby’s head while sleeping, sun protection while out and about, and extra privacy while feeding baby.