The doTERRA Intro Kit – 30 ways you can use it
If you want to get started with essential oils but have an incredibly limited budget – the doTERRA introductory kit is for you
The doTERRA Introductory Kit contains a 5ml bottle of lemon, lavender, and peppermint essential oils.
Each oil is powerful and useful for so many different things, but the three combined enables you to have an excellent starter kit for changing your family’s health and life for the better.
There are an unlimited amount of uses for these three oils, but here are my favourite ways to use them
- Laundry Neglect: Hands up if you’re guilty of forgetting to get your clothes out of the washing machine? I do it all the time. Lemon essential oil to the rescue! It removes that yucky odor
- Get rid of sticky residue: Sap, sticker residue, grease, gum, temporary tattoos, or anything sticky can be removed from your hands, clothes, carpet, or children (and only a very small amount is needed)
- Disinfectant: Add it to a glass pray bottle with water and disinfect your kitchen table, benchtops, door knobs – anything you need to.
- Bring your leather back to life: Condition your couch or boots with a little lemon oil
- Spot-Free Dishes: Instead of using a rinsing agent, add a few drops of lemon oil to your dishwasher soap container for shiny dishes..
- Help a sore throat: Add a drop or two to some carrier oil and rub it into your neck
- Focus, Focus: To clear your mind and focus your outlook, diffuse a little lemon oil.
- Brighten Your Mood: Diffuse or use topically to brighten your mood and for an energy boost
- Diffuse it to get rid of odours
- Aid respiratory function: Diffuse along with peppermint and lemon for seasonal relief
- Calm an Upset Tummy: Just one drop of peppermint oil, rubbed on the stomach or taken internally can calm indigestion or other internal digestive issues.
- Air Flow: When you have a blocked nose or sore throat diffuse peppermint oil or apply topically to your chest to open the airways and get relief.
- Ease Aching Joints: Peppermint oil with lavender oil cools like an ice bath, while you stay warm and dry, cooling your joints.
- Feel Full, Faster: Breathing in the scent of peppermint helps you to feel full faster, preventing overeating. I leave it next to my desk when I’m working and sniff it regularly
- Chase Away Tension: A few drops of peppermint, dabbed on your neck, temples, and tops of your shoulders can help calm tensionl. I use this regularly when I feel a headache coming along
- Avoid the Junk: Diffuse peppermint oil to help calm the urge to snack on junk or sweets or put a drop on your tongue to get rid of the craving
- Add to chocolate: Need I say more? Peppermint brownies are AMAZING. They can also be added to smoothies
- Deter pests: Most household bugs don’t like peppermint oil– ants, beetles, mice, cockroaches, and spiders, too– so add to water in a spray bottle and spray around window sills
- Alertness: Peppermint oil can improve blood circulation, leaving you with an awake, energized feeling. I sniff it straight from the bottle when I’m trying to focus and the kids do too
- Long distance driving: Sniff straight from the bottle to keep you focused and alert when driving
- Calm insect bites: If you forget to prevent creepy crawlies with your pepperming, use lavender to soothe the itching and inflammation that comes from a bite
- Make Playdoh: Make it purple and add lavender so they get the calming effects as they are playing with it
- Help the kids rest: A few drops of lavender on their pillow or at the bottom of their feet will help ease their minds, calm their bodies, and help make the bedtime routine a little faster
- Relax: Add it to your bath to help relax your muscles, ease anxiety, and calm your nerves.
- Help with scrapes: Lavender’s disinfecting properties make it great for relief from cuts and scrapes.
- Stress and tension relief: Add a drop to some fractionated coconut oil and massage into your neck, shoulders, and temples.
- Relief from heat: Accidentally touch the oven tray when it’s still hot? Apply lavender to the affected area to soothe the skin irritation and ease the swelling
- Soothe sore feet: If you’ve been on your feet a lot you can add lavender (and lemongrass) diluted onto your feet and legs
- Deter lice: Add it to tea-tree oil/Melaleuca in a spray bottle with water for lice prevention
- Help get those splinters out: Add a few drops onto a splinter to assist with easy removal
Need these oils in your life?
Our most popular way of purchasing these oils is by purchasing the Home Essentials Kit (which includes the 10 most popular oils and a diffuser) which give you some HUGE savings and will set you up with all of your oily needs. See: 150 Uses for the doTERRA Home Essentials Kit to see what I mean!
It also gives you free access to a doTERRA membership which allows you to save 25% off the retail prices for an entire year.
You can learn more about getting started here: Which Oils Should I start With?
When you’re ready to purchase, head to this page: Purchasing oils
If you specifically want the 5ml kit mentioned in this article, it’s called the ‘doTERRA Intro Kit’ Follow the prompts to purchase a membership (only $35 to give you 25% off of all pricing for a whole year) and add the doTERRA intro kit to your cart (you’ll get it for only $26.50 instead of the RRP $35)
You might like to add a fractionated coconut oil for wholesale $16.50 if you would like a safe and natural carrier oil to start diluting your oils with right away.
Once you’ve joined, I will send you a welcome email and link to our private chat group.
Why Becoming a Wholesale Member?
- Wholesale pricing (25% discount on all products for a year) – this is worth it even if you only buy one or two oils over the year
- No monthly order required
- Option to receive 10-30% of your total purchase back in FREE product points
- Eligibility to receive dōTERRA’s FREE Product of the Month (these can often be worth $130)
- Ability to earn compensation by sharing with others (100% optional)
If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to contact me